Sunday, January 20, 2008

La nostra collezione film nell'italiano

A friend of mine asked us what movies we have in Italian (nota: these are American-made movies dubbed in Italian), and so here is our list of movies. All these movies were made possible thanks to the fine people at tntvillage.org. I've also added a link to the imdb.com page for the movies, and have added warnings when possible.

300- Rated R for graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity. This movie was based on Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same name, which was about the 300 Spartans at the Battle of Thermopylae.
Aladdin- Disney movie.
Alice in Wonderland- Another Disney movie (I looooove Disney movies in Italian)
Anchorman- The Ledend of Ron Burgundy- Rated PG-13 for sexual humor, language and comic violence. I don't know if we have the un-edited copy or not. I thought this movie was sort of dumb.
Bambi- Saddest Disney Movie Ever.
Batman Returns- With Michael Keaton and Danny DeVito as "The Penguin."
Big Fish- This is a nice family movie.
Brazil- This movie is rated R, but I don't know why. There's no nudity or explicit violence in it. It does have a very "1984" feel to it, though.
Donnie Darko- People around my age group (20-26 years old) seem to really like this movie.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas- "Non possiamo fermarci! Ci sono i pipistrelli!"
Fight Club- This has a lot of blood and violence in it.
The 40 Year-old Virgin- I have not seen this movie all the way through. It does have adult themes in it (as the title would suggest).
Interview with a Vampire- Mi piace questo film, ma mi piacciono i vampiri.
Lion King- This is actually the remastered movie, so it contains an extra song. That extra song makes me angry.
Lord of War- This is a political-y movie about an arms dealer. I thought it was pretty good.
The Nightmare Before Christmas- In the Italian version, Jack's singing is done by Italian superstar Renato Zero. It's so good.
Pulp Fiction- Rated R for strong graphic violence and drug use, pervasive strong language and some sexuality.
Resident Evil- I haven't seen this one yet, in Italian or English.
Se7en- This is a thriller about a serial killer who kills his victims based on the 7 Deadly Sins. It's very graphic at times.
Sin City- Unfortunately, we cannot get the sound right on this movie. You can hear some people talk, but not most of them.
V for Vendetta- Rated R for strong violence and some language.

Movies that we have that were made in Italy (these are mainly recent Italian releases):

Amnesia- I haven't seen this one yet, but it's by the same director of "Io non ho paura"
La gabbianella e il gatto- This was the most expensive animated film ever made. I have not seen it since my 1st year in Italian, and even though it was a children's movie it was hard to follow. I should watch it again since I have 2 more years under my belt.
Notte prima degli esami- This is a "teen movie," but unlike America, in Italy teen movies include excessive nudity. This had a lot of fanfare when it was released in Italy; personally, I was unimpressed.
Notte prima degli esami oggi- This is the sequal to "Notte prima degli esami." The first one is set in the 80's, so this one is set in 2007 but they kept the same actors from the last movie. Yeah. Confusing and dumb. More nudity than the first.

We're always getting more movies as time progresses. I interlibrary loaned some more recent (last 5 years) Italian releases (these ARE Italian movies) that should be here in these next few weeks. I also watch a lot of older Italian films. Woo.

1 comment:

Aleatha Shannon said...

Actually, "A Room With a View" is a British film released in I think 1989, so it's definitely on DVD, haha! Oh well:) You should really see it. It is some kind of quasi-independent film, too (I forget how it was all funded/arranged). It is such a beautiful, lovable film! And the Italian parts are really magical.